The mission of Queen City Robotics Alliance (QCRA): Nurturing the future workforce by providing practical and hands-on STEM experiences for local youth.
Vision - That all students in the greater Charlotte area are equipped and prepared for their future paths.
Volunteers for QCRA will support the work of QCRA and support members of First Robotics teams. Specific volunteer responsibilities include:
- Leading facility and/or workflow projects to improve the efficiency and safety of operations at the building.
- Supporting the Director of Operations in executing improvement projects, such as workplace organization.
- Know and understand the mission, policies, programs, and needs of QCRA
- Volunteers can be parents, teachers, or any individuals who can bring technical or non-technical expertise to support the common cause of the organization.
- Representing QCRA to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization Qualifications Volunteers should have the following
- Hands-on experience in fixture, layout, or maintenance work is required.
- One or more years of experience in manufacturing, operations, and facilities engineering is preferred.
- A commitment to and understanding of QCRA’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of QCRA’s beneficiaries Volunteering terms/participation
- Volunteers for QCRA will be expected to register with FIRST NC and successfully complete their screening process including Youth Protection. Volunteering with QCRA’s is without remuneration.
- Construction & Handyman Services
- Mechanical Services