The American Cancer Society's mission is to improve the lives of people with cancer and their families through advocacy, research, and patient support to ensure everyone has an opportunity to prevent, detect, treat, and survive cancer. We have a focus on health equity so that we can reach our goal to reduce cancer mortality by 40% by 2035. Health equity means everyone has a fair and just opportunity to prevent, find, treat, and survive cancer.
In North Carolina, an estimated 67,690 new cancer cases will be diagnosed in 2023, and 20,400 people are expected to die from the disease. But there is hope. With the support of volunteers, donors, and partners, we are fighting cancer on all fronts- and saving lives! There are several opportunities to get involved in Charlotte and surrounding areas.
- Relay For Life: Bringing communities together to celebrate life, honor loved ones, and raise funds. Get involved by registering to fundraise, join a planning committee, volunteer day of, become a sponsor, or come out and celebrate with us! More info at www.relayforlife.org
- Taste of Hope: Our annual fundraising gala featuring Chef David Burke, live & silent auctions, and a paddle raise for Charlotte's Health Equity Fund. Get involved by joining the Board of Ambassadors, becoming a sponsor, or attend the event. www.tasteofhopecharlotte.org
- Men Wear Pink: Community and corporate leaders raise funds and awareness to support breast cancer research, education, and patient support. Get Involved by becoming an ambassador, become a sponsor, participate in their annual golf tournament.
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer: The nation's top breast cancer movement! This 5k brings together communities and corporate teams to raise funds for a future free from breast cancer. Get involved by registering a team and fundraising, becoming an event sponsor, join the Board of Ambassadors, joining us on 10/21! www.makingstrideswalk.org/charlottenc
- Road to Recovery: Provides free rides to cancer patients to treatment. Transportation barriers are the #1 reason for missed cancer appointments. Get involved by becoming a volunteer driving, driving patients to lifesaving treatment! Get more information here.
- Associate Board of Ambassadors: Our young professionals board raises awareness and funds thru their inaugural Casino Royal night on June 17. Get involved by joining the ABOA, becoming an event sponsor, attending the event. Email email@example.com for more information.
- 3.5 million fewer cancer deaths. We've invested $3.1 billion in cancer research since 1991, contributing to a 33% reduction in cancer mortality rates.
- 1-800-227-2345. Trained specialists are available 24/7/365 to provide information and support to cancer patients, family members, and caregivers.
- Patient support including FREE rides to treatment, FREE lodging for cancer patients & caregivers, phone/video/text support groups, and more!