The American Cancer Society's mission is to improve the lives of people with cancer and their families through advocacy, research, and patient support to ensure everyone has an opportunity to prevent, detect, treat, and survive cancer. We have a focus on health equity so that we can reach our goal to reduce cancer mortality by 40% by 2035. Health equity means everyone has a fair and just opportunity to prevent, find, treat, and survive cancer.
In North Carolina, an estimated 67,690 new cancer cases will be diagnosed in 2023, and 20,400 people are expected to die from the disease. But there is hope. With the support of volunteers, donors, and partners, we are fighting cancer on all fronts- and saving lives! There are several opportunities to get involved in Charlotte and surrounding areas.
- Road to Recovery: Provides free rides to cancer patients to treatment. Transportation barriers are the #1 reason for missed cancer appointments. Get involved by becoming a volunteer driving, driving patients to lifesaving treatment! Get more information here.
- 24/7 Helpline: 1-800-227-2345 At our National Cancer Information Center trained Cancer Information Specialists can answer questions 24 hours a day, every day of the year to empower you with accurate, up to date information to help you make educated health decisions. We connect patients, caregivers, and family members with valuable services and resources. Or ask us how you can get involved and support the fight against cancer.
- Visit cancer.org to learn about our other programs like Hope Lodge, Reach To Recovery, ACS CARES, Cancer Survivors Network, ACS PAWS, and more.
- Taste of Hope: Our annual fundraising gala featuring Chef David Burke, live & silent auctions, and a paddle raise for Charlotte's Health Equity Fund. Get involved by joining the Board of Ambassadors, becoming a sponsor, or attend the event. www.tasteofhopecharlotte.org or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Men Wear Pink: Community and corporate leaders raise funds and awareness to support breast cancer research, education, and patient support. Get Involved by becoming an ambassador, become a sponsor, or participating in their annual golf tournament. Email email@example.com for more information. Men Wear Pink of Greater Charlotte | Men Wear Pink (acsevents.org)
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer: The nation's top breast cancer movement! This 5k brings together communities and corporate teams to raise funds for a future free from breast cancer. Get involved by registering a team and fundraising, becoming an event sponsor, join the Board of Ambassadors, joining us on 10/21! www.makingstrideswalk.org/charlottenc Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Associate Board of Ambassadors: Our young professionals board raises awareness and funds to support the American Cancer Society's life-saving mission. Email email@example.com.
- Relay For Life: American Cancer Society Relay For LIfe brings together passionate supporters who embody the American Cancer Society vision to end cancer as we know it, for everyone. Uniting communities to celebrate cancer survivors, remember loved ones lost, and raise funds to improve the lives of people with cancer and their families through advocacy, research, and patient support. Relay For Life | Cancer Charity Walk | American Cancer Society (acsevents.org)
- Swim For Cancer: This virtual swim campaign invites swimmers of all ages and skill to participate and come together to honor cancer survivors, remember lost loved ones, and raise money to help the American Cancer Society save lives. Teams and participants create their own fundraising activities from lap-challenges and swim-a-thons to bake sales and dress-down days whatever fits YOU best. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Swim For Cancer Western NC and SC | Learn About Swim For Cancer Western NC and SC (acsevents.org)
- 3.5 million fewer cancer deaths. We've invested $3.1 billion in cancer research since 1991, contributing to a 33% reduction in cancer mortality rates.
- 1-800-227-2345. Trained specialists are available 24/7/365 to provide information and support to cancer patients, family members, and caregivers.
- Patient support including FREE rides to treatment, FREE lodging for cancer patients & caregivers, phone/video/text support groups, and more!
- 1 of 2
- Next page