What We Do
We help vulnerable women realize their dreams!
Fashion & Compassion supports oppressed women by empowering them through skill development, goal-setting, mentoring, financial stipends, supportive community and connections to resources in order to help them grow toward a self-sustaining life of purpose.
We serve women who are overcoming vulnerable situations such as human trafficking, abuse, addiction, incarceration, generational poverty and ethnic persecution. Our clients, whom we refer to as Artisans, participate in a diverse community where they make jewelry and accessories, as well as learn work readiness skills, receive emotional support and have opportunities for spiritual growth. We serve women and families in Charlotte, NC as well as in Africa and South and Central America.
We engage with compassion and inclusivity, serving women regardless of their race, color, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation.
IMPACT OF COVID-19 - SPECIFIC NEEDS:
How We Are Impacted:
We want to do our part to manage social gatherings and keep sharing space to a minimum. We are also a small local business, who may lose revenue due to being closed.
How You Can Help:
1) Your purchases and donations go back to equipping and empowering vulnerable women locally & globally. The Boutique is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm & Saturday 10:00 am- 4:00 pm. We're following CDC guidelines for a safe shopping experience. You can also choose no-contact porch pick up. Just order on our website and select Charlotte area pick up. Please visit our website: www.fashionandcompassion.com
2) Attend or contribute to our annual fundraiser- Evening of Dignity. See the "events" page for more info!
3) Follow us on Facebook and Instagram!
4) Write notes of encouragement to our artisans (details in the volunteer section below)
5) Purchase cloth face masks from our website! Each mask purchased, we will donate one to the local hospital system