What We Do
Our mission is to ensure that young people in Mecklenburg County have access to an excellent public education that results in the knowledge, skills, and experiences necessary to lead productive, successful lives.
We serve: Those young people enrolled in Mecklenburg County public schools who face obstacles that limit their access to opportunity.
• Social capital and serve as social navigators;
• Experiences typically associated with well-resourced young people (job shadows, college visits, internships, community building activities);
• Career Pathways for young people through extensive business and industry partnerships;
• Sustained support for student success beginning with middle school students and continuing all the way through the first two years beyond graduation from high school.
• Out of School Time programming, Out of School Time professional development, programmatic alignment, and support. In addition, we provide or arrange for transportation, child care, food, cost of training, costs associated with licensure, enrollment requirements, necessary equipment including computers, materials, clothing, in order to remove every possible obstacle to opportunity.
• Data collection and analysis, and publish information that assists policy makers, funders, program providers, community stakeholders, and district and school leaders, in making informed decisions that support student success in and beyond school.