The Relatives keeps kids safe and families together while preparing youth and young adults to become healthy, productive, engaged members of the community.
We aim to be a Relative to the vulnerable youth and young adults in our community, by enabling them to achieve independence through comprehensive services tailored to their individualized needs, in a space where they feel loved, supported and accepted as their authentic selves.
For almost 50 years, The Relatives has provided young people in crisis with:
- Relief in place of Despair
- Acceptance in place of Rejection
- Empowerment in place of Helplessness
- The Relatives Youth Crisis Center is Mecklenburg County's only emergency shelter for youth and adolescents.
- The Relatives On Ramp Resource Center provides young people, ages 16-24, with tailored, comprehensive care.
- The Relatives has 685+ Safe Place partner sites in and around Mecklenburg County, creating a safety net for our community's youth.