What We Do
The RAYS global foundation, a 501 ©(3) non-profit organization was founded in May 2019 with a primary mission of providing a support network for youth focusing on delivering programs to enhance financial literacy, drug awareness, and women empowerment.
RAYS believes that women and men complement each other and do not compete with each other. Their difference is not a problem, it’s a solution.
RAYS believes that we need to create a culture that values and respects and looks up to and idolizes all races as equal and all men and women as important and valuable.
We must educate boys/men to understand, realize and accept women’s feelings, women’s freedom, women’s work, women’s rights, and their free identity.
We work towards gender equality focusing on strengthening the socio-cultural richness to cultivate leadership capacity, and empowering them to have a voice regardless of race, creed, religion, and social status.
* We have led many workshops and webinars on financial literacy and women/girls/young generation’s empowerment in Charlotte, North Carolina.
* RAYS supports women leaders of Mecklenburg county to encourage considering politics as we need more women in politics to help develop the right policies for women in government to secure a bright and powerful future for our new young generations.
* We focus on making the maximum positive effort for our community. Our members and volunteers provide the momentum that helps us affect change. Using data-driven models, we provide workshops that make a long-lasting difference.
* We have helped voluntarily to Thomasboro Academy every week on helping underprivileged kids with their character building. We have organized financial literacy workshops in-person every month in 209 and via online webinars in 2020-2021 due to Pandemic.
* During the COVID-19 Pandemic, RAYS Global Foundation has taken the initiative to donate over 1,800 medical and handmade masks in Delhi, India, and North Carolina, the USA in 2020. These masks were prepared according to the guidelines issued by the CDC for the making of cloth face coverings. They were donated to community members and essential frontline workers such as CMS Nutrition Services Department Employees, church Food Bank volunteers, homeless/crisis shelter workers, and cleaning service crews.
RAYS would like to thank all of the volunteers who made and continue to make these masks - they have made such an important contribution to the safety of our communities, cities, and countries. Rays Global Foundation is committed to serving the community and humanity.
Following are primary objectives as an organization all such issues are contemporary relevant to the time.
1. We will advocate ‘policy which is based on gender equality
2. We want to help the girl’s child to have the necessary life skills to negotiate key life decisions
3. We want to bring improvement in the health status of needy women by ensuring easy accessibility and better health by delivering a system
4. We strive to eliminate discrimination and violence against young people across religion and ethnicity, thus root out systemic racism in our justice system and society.
5. We will provide consultation by ensuring the voices of women across the marginalized community
6. We will run leadership development programs for young boys and girls
7. We will run youth-led campaigns and support nonprofits and governments in developing laws, policies, and strategies, and strengthening their capacity to make gender equality a reality. It is very important to break down patriarchal obstacles to human freedom.