Susan G. Komen Charlotte | SHARE Charlotte

Susan G. Komen Charlotte

« Back to Nonprofit Search

Year Founded:
Local Leader / Exec. Director:
Eileen Pronobis, Executive Director
Main Address:
PO Box 1520
Huntersville, NC 28070

What We Do

Susan G. Komen is the world’s largest breast cancer organization, funding more breast cancer research than any other nonprofit while providing real-time help to those facing the disease. Komen was founded by Nancy G. Brinker, who promised her sister, Susan G. Komen, that she would end the disease that claimed Suzy’s life.

Komen Charlotte is working to better the lives of those facing breast cancer in the local community. Komen Charlotte contributes 25% of its net funds raised annually to Susan G. Komen’s research program {with 6 "Komen Scholars" (medical researchers utilizing Komen research funds) working in Chapel Hill/Durham area}, and the remaining 75% stays in the local community to fund community outreach programs for under-/uninsured people.

Interesting Info

In 2016, Komen Charlotte awarded nearly $1M to 17 local programs which serve our 13-county service area.
To date, Komen Charlotte has granted over $16 million locally for breast health services and more than $6 million for research to prevent and cure breast cancer
Our Big, Bold Goal is to reduce the current number of breast cancer deaths by 50% in the US by 2026.

Give Shop® Wish List

We do not have any products on our Wish List, but others do! Please visit the Give Shop to help them.

Volunteer Opportunities

We do not have any volunteer needs at this time, but others do! Please search all opportunities now.

Upcoming Events

We do not have any events scheduled at this time, but others do! Please search all events now.

Photos and Videos