What We Do
The Y is a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community by connecting all people to their potential, purpose and each other. Working locally, we focus on empowering young people, improving health and well-being, and inspiring action in and across communities.
IMPACT OF COVID-19 - SPECIFIC NEEDS:
As our community begins to recover from the devastating impact of COVID-19, the Y is needed now more than ever. We’ve always been more than just a gym and swim - filling gaps and supporting critical needs in ways that no other organization can - but our Y is facing extraordinary challenges.
Our ability to remain a vital thread that holds the fabric of our community together depends on you.
When you give to the YMCA Annual Campaign, you create opportunities for us all to rebuild. With your help, our Y can focus on what we do best and where we’re needed most this summer - caring for our children and caring for our community.
CARING FOR OUR CHILDREN:
REBUILDING CONNECTIONS AT CAMP
- Providing a safe, structured outlet for children to reconnect with friends, regain lost learning opportunities and reestablish community
REVERSING LEARNING LOSS
- Reversing learning loss experienced in the spring and preventing further summer slide for students already at risk of falling behind academically
REFUELING THE FUTURE FOR TEENS
- Offering opportunities for teens to reengage with their peers and mentors and reignite plans for the future
CARING FOR OUR COMMUNITY:
RESTORING ACCESS FOR ALL
- Supporting our most vulnerable neighbors with increased access to resources, relationships and support systems that create pathways of opportunity
REIMAGINING OUR FACILITIES
- Safely opening our doors, evolving digital engagement opportunities and serving where we are needed most
RAMPING UP PARTNERSHIPS
- Deepening and expanding partnerships to transform lives and communities