Summer is the biggest time of need for many Charlotte nonprofits. Both financial giving and the donation of tangible goods is extremely low in the summer months, making summer a time of limited resources for many who rely on the generosity of others. SummerSHARE encourages Charlotte to give back when giving is traditionally not top of mind by donating the tangible items that nonprofits need to keep their organization’s day to day operations in full swing and summer programs up and running.
SummerSHARE is a community-wide giving campaign that encourages the purchase of tangible items that nonprofits need the most this summer. Don’t miss the chance to be a part of our 4th annual SummerSHARE, presented by Bank of America, as hundreds of nonprofits come together to promote their needs and encourage CLT to shop for GOOD.
Today through Sunday, July 22 we are encouraging Charlotteans to purchase the items our nonprofit partners need from Wish Lists they have created. Purchasing these items allows you to know exactly where your money is going and makes it easy for you to give nonprofits the GOODs they need without having to deliver the items yourself. In fact, you don’t have to lift a finger other than to click on the purchase button!
So, who benefits from SummerSHARE? Hundreds of Mecklenburg County nonprofits who have created Wish Lists on Give Shop®.
You’re Invited-SummerSHARE Promotional Events:
- Monday, July 16 , 6-8 p.m.
- Join Kathy Izard, Fashion & Compassion and SHARE Charlotte for a collaborative evening of GOOD! Drop in between 6 and 8pm and enjoy wine and light bites to celebrate the release of the Harper Collins edition of Kathy's book, The Hundred Story Home and to learn more about how you can support local nonprofits like The Urban Ministry Center and Fashion & Compassion during SummerSHARE
- Wednesday, July 18th, 5-8 p.m.
- Come watch the Charlotte Knights take on Pawtucket at BB&T Ballpark on July 18! While you’re there, stop by the community corner (which will be located near the main gate) and visit the SummerSHARE pop-up shop for GOOD where you can browse featured items that local nonprofits need the most this summer!
- Thursday, July 19, 6-8 p.m.
- Join us and connect with over 50 nonprofits while networking with other young professionals in Charlotte. #YPMixerCLT celebrates 6 years of bringing together some of the best nonprofits and young professionals in the Charlotte area. You will have a great opportunity to learn more about connecting with the community while networking.
- Friday, July 20th, 5-9 p.m.
- Friday Nights at Camp North End are always a GOOD time with live music, food, beer, and, this Friday, will even be complete with our Pop Up Shop for GOOD! Come join us at Friday nights at Camp North End for a SummerSHARE “shopportunity” where you shop and Charlotte nonprofits save!
Now that you know… SHARE this information with your friends, family, coworkers, and peers and encourage them to shop for GOOD. Spread the word on social media using hashtags #summershareCLT and #ShopForGood. Together we can give need in Charlotte a summer break.