10 Years of Generosity in Charlotte!
In 2012, Giving Tuesday was launched as a simple idea - a day that encourages people to come together and do good in their communities. Always held on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, after we have eaten and shopped, Giving Tuesday is a day to give back to local nonprofits. Last year this day inspired $3.1B in giving on a single day in the U.S.
Here in Charlotte, #GivingTuesdayCLT hosted by SHARE Charlotte is the local response to this global movement. Now in its tenth year, #GivingTuesdayCLT is an unprecedented collaboration of hundreds of Charlotte nonprofits as well as corporations, local businesses, and individuals coming together through good. On this single Tuesday over the past 9 years, #GivingTuesdayCLT has influenced more than $40M in value given to Charlotte nonprofits
On November 28th, the Charlotte community will be invited to visit www.sharecharlotte.org to:
- Give Money: You can make a financial gift to an organization that is meaningful to you.
- BONUS GOOD- The first 300 donors who give $50 or more to their favorite nonprofit on November 28th through sharecharlotte.org will have their donation generously matched by Lowe’s in the form of one $50 electronic gift card to that nonprofit!
- Give Time: You can choose from hundreds of ways to give your time either virtually or in-person.
- Give Goods: You can shop nonprofits’ Amazon wish lists and give them exactly what they need.
To celebrate the big day and amplify generosity in our city, SHARE Charlotte will host #GivingTuesdayCLT Headquarters at Community Matters Cafe between 10am-1pm with local nonprofits, local media, corporate partners and community leaders.
- 10am - 11:15am Nonprofit Interviews - Jason Harper on IG Live
- 11:30am - 12:45pm Corporate Gift Announcements - Jason Harper on IG Live
- 12:45pm - 1pm Raffle prize drawing
For media inquiries, contact Julie Campbell, Director of Community Partnerships at firstname.lastname@example.org,
About SHARE Charlotte
We want to build a better Charlotte by EMPOWERING NONPROFITS AND HELPING PEOPLE invest in their communities in ways that matter most to them. We are building a better Charlotte by empowering nonprofits and helping people invest in their communities in ways that matter most to them. We do this by providing a one-stop shop through to engage with more than 650+ Mecklenburg County nonprofits at sharecharlotte.org, and by connecting our nonprofit partners to valuable local resources and opportunities.