#GivingTuesdayCLT 2022 Press Release
One day dedicated to generosity across the globe
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: November 28, 2022
Charlotte, N.C.- In 2012, Giving Tuesday was launched as a simple idea - a day that encourages people to come together and do good in their communities. This idea has grown into a global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity. Last year, this movement inspired $2.7B in giving on a single day.
Here in Charlotte, #GivingTuesdayCLT hosted by SHARE Charlotte is the local response to this global movement. Now in its ninth year, #GivingTuesdayCLT is an unprecedented collaboration of hundreds of Charlotte nonprofits as well as corporations, local businesses, community organizations and individuals coming together through good. #GivingTuesdayCLT has influenced more than $36M in value given to Charlotte nonprofits and inspired over 31K new donors.
On November 29th, the Charlotte community will be invited to visit www.sharecharlotte.org to:
- Give Money: You can make a financial gift to an organization that is meaningful to you.
- BONUS GOOD- The first 300 donors who give $50 or more to their favorite nonprofit on November 29th through sharecharlotte.org will have their donation generously matched by Lowe’s in the form of one $50 electronic gift card to that nonprofit!
- Give Time: You can choose from hundreds of ways to give your time either virtually or in-person.
- Give Goods: You can shop nonprofits’ Amazon wish lists and give them exactly what they need.
To celebrate the big day and amplify generosity in our city, SHARE Charlotte will host the “Power of WE” Celebration at Community Matters Cafe between 11am-1pm with local nonprofits, local media, corporate partners and community leaders.
- 11am - 12pm: Nonprofit Interviews with Ohavia Phillips live on Instagram on
- 12pm - 1pm: Corporate Partner Gift Announcements with Jason Harper live on Instagram
- 12 -1pm: Nonprofit Interviews with Jamie Boll & Do Good CLT Podcast
For media inquiries, contact Julie Campbell, Director of Community Partnerships at firstname.lastname@example.org,
About SHARE Charlotte
We are building a better Charlotte by empowering nonprofits and helping people invest in their communities in ways that matter most to them. We do this by providing a one-stop shop to engage with more than 600+ Mecklenburg County nonprofits at sharecharlotte.org, and by connecting our nonprofit partners to valuable local resources and opportunities. We envision a Charlotte united through GOOD!
GivingTuesdayCLT.org | SHARECharlotte.org | Instagram & Facebook: @sharecharlotte | Twitter: @shareclt