SHARE Charlotte Turns 10! Setting the Standard for Philanthropic Communities across the Nation
In 2012, SHARE Charlotte started as a simple idea - one platform built for Charlotteans so they could easily find and support local nonprofits. One platform where everyone is invited to give to a cause that matters most to them in a variety of ways.
One platform that would also level the playing field for all nonprofits, no matter how big or small and would allow them to come together and be a part of one inclusive nonprofit community.
In the past 10 years, a whole lot of GOOD has happened:
- SHARE has grown from 87 to 627 nonprofit partners - approximately 85% of nonprofits in Mecklenburg County.
- Every minute there is a user looking for ways to DO GOOD at sharecharlotte.org.
- Six additional SHARE communities launched across the US and more on the way!
- $36M+ in financial support given to local nonprofits and 15K volunteer opportunities.
- Over 100 local companies have invested in SHARE to power events and campaigns and activate social good.
We are proud of what we have accomplished over the past 10 years but our work is far from done.
Looking forward, SHARE Charlotte envisions a Charlotte where everyone participates in giving, and the lives of all Charlotteans are positively impacted because of a robust, supported nonprofit community.
In the next 10 years, our goal is to set the standard for the nation on how to create an ecosystem of philanthropy where neighbors, nonprofits and businesses are working together to create change in our community!