Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service - Opportunities to get involved
An Opportunity to Serve, in Honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
“Every now and then I ask myself, ‘What is it that I would want said?’...I’d like somebody to mention that Martin Luther King Jr. tried to give his life to serving others.” - Martin Luther King Jr.
Monday, January 16th, 2023 marks the day where each year, community members come together to celebrate the life and importance of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. by volunteering as a service to their neighbors.
SHARE Charlotte reached out to our nonprofit partners and asked what events they are offering, in honor of this day of service. The list below is a tiny fraction of the more than 600 local nonprofits on our site who are ready to connect with you.
SHARE Charlotte MLK Day of Service - Event and Volunteer Opportunities
Check out the events happening all month long, below:
- Upcycle Arts - a creative reuse center - Volunteer Sorting Event on Saturday, January 14th. Info & signup here
- Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation - Greenway clean ups on Saturday, January 14th
- Anne Springs Close Greenway - Second Saturday Litter Patrol - Saturday, January 14th - Info & signup here
- Learning Help Centers of Charlotte - Book and educational materials organizing event. Monday, January 16th. Info and & signup here
- Lions Services - Blind Awareness Event - Tuesday, January 17th. Help pack swag bags for visitors and meet ambassadors for the blind and low vision. Info & signup here
- Raise a Child of the Carolinas - Read-a-Thon Event - Tuesday, January 17th. Share your love of reading with students! Info & sign-up here
- Hospitality House of Charlotte - Preparing meals for guests - Ongoing volunteer opportunities. Info and signups here
Click the links above, signup to volunteer, and don't forget to tag @shareclt when you share a pic! 📸
We know volunteering feels good to do good, so share those smiles with your neighbors!