Charlotte's Shop for GOOD Campaign
What is Shop for GOOD? SHARE Charlotte’s Give Shop® is an online marketplace that consolidates hundreds of Charlotte nonprofits’ Amazon wish lists, making it easy for our community to “shop for good” by purchasing the items nonprofits need most to run their businesses and programs. Items are shipped directly to nonprofits’ doors, and donors know exactly where their money is going.
Since 2015, our nonprofit partners have received over 27K products valued at $230K+ and many nonprofits receive an average of $550+ worth of items.
On July 17-21, we held our annual Shop for Good campaign to all rally the Charlotte community to:
“Take something off a nonprofit’s to-do list by shopping their wish list!”
During this year’s Shop for Good campaign, here are some of the items that were purchased to help local nonprofits:
- Loaves and Fishes/Friendship Trays received canned food and portable coolers.
- Mind Body Baby received items for their postpartum recovery kits for new mothers.
- Agape Acres received mud control grids for their rescue horses who need help keeping their hooves dry and out of the mud.
- Schiele Museum received reptile basking light bulbs for some of their rescue reptiles that they use to help teach their children's camps.
- Hope Haven received items to help provide baby shower items for a new mother in addiction recovery.
- Brave Step received creative items such as art supplies and crochet kits for our Courageous Creators program which help victims of sexual abuse and their supporters.
- Bright Blessings received 144 birthday items to provide birthday presents for kids whose parents cannot afford to provide presents.
- Catawba Riverkeeper Foundation received much needed items to help with their river cleanups such as trash grabbers and trashbags.
“It was so beneficial to receive these items, saving us time and money” - Crystal Emerick, Founder of Bravestep