Everyday during #GivingTuesdayCLT (Nov 20-27), SHARE Charlotte is offering the Charlotte community a different way to do GOOD for local nonprofits.
Below is a breakdown of what YOU can do to give GOOD locally to be a part of the global movement. You can of course give GOOD in your preferred way any day throughout the week of #GivingTuesdayCLT, these suggestions below are created to inspire you to give GOOD in different ways.(This is a growing list, if you know of a business giving back to a local nonprofit this #GivingTuesdayCLT that is not listed below, please contact us so that we can add it to this collection of GOODness.)
11/20: Take a Class Tuesday
YOU can give GOOD to a local nonprofit by signing up for or taking a class through one of these generous local educators:
- Charlotte-based SkillPop offers awesome pop-up classes and will donate 10% of all sales today to Classroom Central. Help them reach their $1,000 donation goal by signing up to take a class or buying a gift card for yourself or a friend to give this holiday season!
- treadHAPPY is partnering is Girls on the Run Charlotte and offering half off their treadmill based fitness classes with the code girlsontheRUN, live now through 11/20. They will also donate all of the $14 class registration to Girls on the Run.
- Lenny Boy Brewing is hosting Novice Knitting with Kari Hess from 6-8pm with 100% of proceeds benefiting Carolina Thread Trail.
11/21: Wet Your Whistle Wednesday:
Do GOOD by visiting a Charlotte Independent Brewers Alliance (CIBA) brewery that is giving back to a local nonprofit. Don’t know much about CIBA? Check out these truly local breweries that promote Charlotte beer and cider that is produced in Mecklenburg County as well as the local craft brewers who create it! Seeing the Charlotte brewery community come together to do GOOD during #GivingTuesdayCLT has been truly inspiring.
- Legion Brewing: Will Donate $1 from every Queen City Brewer’s Pretzel sold at both locations (Plaza Midwood and South Park) to Ruff Love Rescue and $1 from every Adventure Tap (a rotating, mystery beer) sold in the Plaza Midwood location throughout November also to Ruff Love.
- Bold Missy Brewery: Will donate $1 per pint sold to Loaves and Fishes during the week of Thanksgiving, November 20-27th.
- Blue Blaze Brewery: Will donate $1 of every pint sold in the taproom and 10% of profits from packages of Carolina Thread Pale Ale sold to Carolina Thread Trail.
- GoodRoad CiderWorks is donating 15% of sales to the Greater Carolinas Chapter of National Multiple Sclerosis Society
11/22: Don’t Be a Turkey, Give Your Time Thursday
Sign up today to volunteer for one of hundreds of available opportunities. You can even pick a group volunteer opportunity to do with your family, friends or coworkers! Not ready to commit to a specific opportunity but still want to volunteer? Pledge time to your favorite local nonprofit here.
11/23: Follow Friday
Love social media? Here is how to use if for GOOD! Help spread awareness about your favorite nonprofit organization on social media. Follow them, like their posts, share their message and encourage your own friends and followers to do the same.
Have a lot of followers yourself? Use your influence for GOOD and post to social media about #GivingTuesdayCLT and your favorite local nonprofit!
11/24: Small Business Saturday
Shop at a small business that is giving a percentage of sales back to a local nonprofit and do GOOD for both for-profit and nonprofits alike! Plus, The Historical South End is making Small Business Saturday into a big event! Shop local at South End Small Business Saturday between 11am to 5pm and support local businesses giving back to local nonprofits!
Local Businesses that will be giving back at South End Small Business Saturday:
- Pink Daisy Candle Company: Will donate 20% of sales to Ovarian Cancer Foundation.
- Feminist Goods Co.: 10% of November sales revenue will be donated to Planned Parenthood South Atlantic.
- Birdhouse on the Greenway and Wildology at Waverly will donate portion of the proceeds from sales of bird feeders, bird houses and bird baths to Wing Haven on November 23-25th.
- The Blushing Flamingo Boutique: pledged to give time to a local nonprofit (check out their booth at South End Small Business Saturday)
Other local businesses giving GOOD back on this day:
- Erin McDermott Jewelry: will donate 30% of online purchases to Girls on the Run Charlotte and offer free shipping with the code GOTR.
- City Barbeque Matthews will donate 25% of proceeds from people who say they are supporting The Abandon Project when they place their order.
11/25: Tailgate for GOOD Sunday
Do GOOD while you cheer on our Carolina Panthers by attending a tailgate or football watch party where proceeds will benefit a local nonprofit.
The Roaring Riot has been uniting Panther fans since 2008 and has been changing the culture of the Carolina Panthers fan base for the better ever since. Every home game, the Roaring Riot hosts Tailgate With a Purpose, the city’s largest not-for-profit tailgate party where 100% of the net proceeds benefit various charity partners and on Nov. 25th, you can join the tailgate and do GOOD for #GivingTuesdayCLT. While typically these events are only open to members or guests of members, in the spirit of #GivingTuesdayCLT, everyone is welcome to attend with non-members being asked to make a $10 donation to join the fun. So what can you expect at a Roaring Riot tailgate? $2 drinks (including top shelf!), complimentary food, music, raffle/giveaways, and a family friendly environment to get hyped for this important Panthers game, Don't miss your chance to do GOOD while you cheer on the home team!
If you are going to the game, be sure to grab a Carolina Thread Trail Pale Ale (available at Bank of America Stadium) as your drink of choice, Blue Blaze Brewing donates 10% of all proceeds back to the Thread Trail.
11/26: Cyber Monday Shop for GOOD
While you are online shopping, click over the Give Shop to purchase much needed items for your favorite local nonprofit.
Check out givingtuesdayclt.org to be a part of this global day of giving and give GOOD in whatever way makes sense for you today. You can get loud about #GivingTuesdayCLT on your social media platforms and help spread the word, pledge volunteer time, give money or in-kind donations, or even give your blood. Give GOOD on the big day-of by...
SHARE Charlotte, the American Red Cross and the YMCA are partnering to host a community wide blood drive in honor of (link to video) #GivingTuesdayCLT. There are seven convenient locations hosting blood drives Nov. 25 and 27th including a mobile blood unit outside of the #GivingTuesdayCLT World Headquarters on the 27 from 9am-4pm. Help us reach out goal of 500 pints of blood this #GivingTuesdayCLT!
Attending the Big Event:
Join us at the #GivingTuesdayCLT World Headquarters (aka Wells Fargo Atrium) for an all- day event celebration of #GivingTuesdayCLT and National Philanthropy Day! Check out the this flyer for details or RSVP to the Facebook Event!
Local businesses giving back on the Big Day Of- Nov. 27th
Promotions Running All Week Long of #GivingTuesdayCLT (Nov. 20-27):
Carolina Buyer's Agent: $100 for every new buyer who chooses Carolina Buyer's Agent to represent them on the purchase of their next home between now and the end of the year will be donated to Crisis Assistance Ministry.
Other Ways to give GOOD This Week:
Kendra Scott SouthPark will be holding shopping events on the following days with 20% of proceeds benefiting a local nonprofits
Local businesses doing GOOD the week of #GivingTuesdayCLT:
Epic Capital Wealth Management Will be donating to several local nonprofits this #GivingTuesdayCLT that are important to the company's employees.
SouthPark Mall: donated $1k in Gift Cards that the nonprofits can use as matching funds this week.